For over 20 years Dr. Moss has been providing an advanced orthopedic referral service for his fellow local veterinarians. Below is a simple list of his commonly performed procedures.
- Fracture Repair: including; Pelvic, Facial and Extremity Repair with emphasis on using IMEX® external fixating devices, &Fixin® bone plating system. Special interest in fracture repair complications and non-unions. Arthrodesis, Bone Biopsy, Amputation, Digital x-ray
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Disease: Tibal Tuberosity Advancement (TTA ),Tight Rope® or Fibular Head Transposition,all procedures done arthroscopically
- Post Surgical Meniscal Tear
- Arthroscopic Surgery: Fragmented Coronoid, Ununited Anconeal Process, Elbow & Shoulder OCD, Rigid Endoscopy, Aurascopy, Rhinoscopy, Laparoscopy
- Hip Surgery: Femoral Head and Neck Excision Arthroplasty (excluding total hips), Triple Pelvic Osteotomy, Securos ©, Coxofemoral Reduction System
Post Surgical Care…
We feel that the aftercare the pet receives is as important as the surgery itself.
This involves a team approach with Dr. Moss, BVVH Team Members, the Primary Veterinarian and Pet Owner for maximizing a successful recovery and favorable surgical outcome.
Explicit aftercare instructions will be discussed with the pet owner before and after the surgery. Detailed written instructions will be given to the pet owner and faxed to the primary care veterinarian.
Aftercare typically includes:
Activity restricted to a 3 foot leash held in a human hand, Cage Rest, Daily Physical Therapy exercises, Elizabethan or Comfy Cone collar, Bandage changes, K – Laser© treatments, Adequan© injections, post surgical x-rays and progress exams with the primary care veterinarian, and Dr. Moss.
When we all cooperate and fulfill our post-surgery responsibilities, even the most complicated cases can be managed favorably.